Guidelines for DR Raiders.
- Sign for Raids at least one week in advance. Signups for the coming week (Wed to Wed) will be CLOSED after the raid on a Monday. If you forget to sign - grovelling to the GM will be required.
- Turn up when you have signed and be on time - you should be online and on Discord at 7.45pm promptly for invites and and should be outside the raid ready to enter.
- Be prepared – have the TLDR to hand, have enchants/gems sorted and flasks and food ready. It is not acceptable to come to a raid without all of these. Missing enchants and gems will result in you being removed from the raid on HC and benched for Mythic.
- Make sure your DBM (or other addon) is up-to-date
- Tactic discussion NOT in Discord in the raid. We amend the TLDR once the Officer Team have discussed the best strategy for the team, taking into account our strengths and weaknesses. Once it is updated you are free to comment, make suggestions, disagree. However we want an agreed way forward once we get into the raid and from then on suggestions for tweaks are very welcome. We do NOT however accept 30 mins discussions of which strategy to use when this could have been discussed in the forum. It wastes time. Turning up to a raid with some secret gem of an idea so that you look all clever isn't helpful to anyone else except your own ego. If you want to make suggestions, then make a post in the tactics forum, or better yet, grab Cy outside of the raids on discord and have a chat.
- On a new Mythic boss we will pause the raid after a good few attempts with the TLDR strategy and review how that strat is working. On some fights this may also happen attempt after attempt. At that point we want to give everyone the opportunity to give ideas and discuss if the strat needs changing or adjusting.
- Show respectful behaviour to everyone in the team. Don't comment to highlight someone's mistakes – whisper your role leader if you think someone needs help, or whisper them!
- Be positive and patient.
- Read the Loot Rules and be in agreement with them
- We have 1 Raid Management leader, 1 raid leaders and 3 role leaders within a officer team of 6. We do not need 26 raid leaders. Shouts and comments IN fight should only be heard from Officers or people who have been given a specific role and asked to do this. The rest of you need to be quiet. If you want to show off how clever you are, then leave that for M+ please.
- Jokes/chat/comments kept to a minimum IN (progression)FIGHT and to a MAX at all other times!
- Have fun!!
- Fail to do any of the above
- Take ages to rez and run, go afk and generally waste your teams time. This includes running back in and not eating. making everyone wait for you.
- Ask inane questions or state the bloody obvious.
- Fail to listen carefully when tactics or instructions are given. Typing in chat channels when tactics are being given out is not just rude, it leads to people missing important info or reminders, or then asking questions that have already been answered. This wastes time and causes wipes.
- Type tactics into the raid channel when your Raid Leader is in the middle of explaining things.
- Join the Discord raid channel if you are NOT in the raid, unless by specific invitation by the Raid Leader.
Particularly on progression fights where we may be wiping, it is really important to have short breaks so people can stretch their legs, have bio's etc. Breaks will occur when flasks have run out and the first break of the evening is 10 mins, the second for 5. Other than that, breaks may be taken if Officers need to review tactics or we need to ask somone to respec etc. To make the best use of flasks, please use yours with everyone else when the Raid Leader calls for it.
Come back from breaks on-time. Any Loot from previous bosses will be handed out directly a break ends. If you decide to take a longer break, you WILL miss out.
Signing for raids and availability
As mentioned above, you should be signing on a Monday evening at the lastest for the following week. There are a couple of reasons we ask this.
- When we prepare tactics, knowing who we have in the raid is vital. Forming a strategy around Warlock portals, DK's grips or Shammy totems for example can mean having to redo tactics if certain players are or are not there.
- Healers and Tanks, this is even more crucial as replacements need to be found and prepared.
- When we get to Mythic we have a fixed number required to attend, so this becomes not only useful, but absolutely crucial. No reason not to get into the habit from day one on normals.
If you are, or want to become Raider Rank in the Guild, then the expectation is that you attend every raid. If you cannot attend, simply not signing is not acceptable. I do not have the time to run around every week trying to speak to people individually to find out if they forgot to sign, or if they cannot actually make it.
Please use the availability forums if you are going to be absent. There are some raiders who only raid once or twice a week. These discussions will have already happened with me so there is no need to post every week
You are expected to have enough stacks of all of the above for every raid you come to. This applies to ALL raid difficulties. On progress fights on Mythic we eat, flask, rune and pre-pot all attempts. This is Mythic raiding. Often there is some DpS check early in the fight. If the officers feel that this is not needed for a specific fight, they will inform you that you do not need to eat or pre-pot. If you want to Mythic raid, you kinda need to play the game, so complaining about not having the gold to repair, or the mats to make these items is an indication that perhaps HC or a more casual participation in the game is better for you.
We hope to get enough mats donated to the Guild to be able to provide feasts in later Mythic attempts but until then you are all expected to come with enough food to last the evening. On heavy progress fights it is advisable to have 2 stacks of food and pots as we may be wiping early and often.
We provide Cauldrons for the entire raid irrespective of the difficulty and Vantus Runes for the current Mythic progress boss, or later HC bosses. We highly reccomend that you have alchemy as one of your professions on your main raiding character. This doubles the use of your flask and cauldrons are provided twice in an evening so with a 3 or 3.5 hour raid if you do not have alchemy you will need to provide your own if you were unable to get 2 from a cauldron.
In Shadowlands we are asking for donations for Cauldrons. You need to mail Ellzangel with 3 flasks and 1 Shadestone per week and these will be used to put cauldrons down each of the 3 nights we raid. Later in the expansion we may change this as mats become more readily available or cheaper.
If you are a backup raider who is being brought along to Mythic clears, then it is likely you will be in and out of the fights on a clear night. As such taking a flask from the cauldron to then step out is preventing a main raider who has given up their post for you to have a flask for the remainder of the evening. Please be courteous in that situation and wait until extra flasks have been taken for those who will be replacing you. If there is a spare one then of course you should use it, otherwise please bring your own.
Permanent or consumable augment runes can be obtained most expansions, the permanent ones usually towards the end of an expansion. Again, Mythic raiding mindset should be telling you to ensure you have enough of these consumables one to use on progress bosses. We highly advise you to get the reputation required to save you time and gold by having the permanent one. The benefits these give vary from expansion to expansion and there is always a pretty lively discussion around if they are worth using, feel free to join in the debate!
As a Mythic raider we expect you to play the game so that you have enough mats, gold or reputation to get whatever advantage the game offers and to make sensible decisions around effort over benefit in all of the aspects of the game that are designed to make your character stronger. This includes considering if something that might have a minor effect for one character, could have a better combined effect across a whole raid team. If the runes give a clear benefit for an expansion we will insist they are used. If the benefit is debatable, like only a very minor dps increase, or giving a stat that is not a huge impact for your class then we leave it to your own judgement and trust that as part of the team you are looking at all aspects of your gameplay so that you can make the maximum contribution.