The small print!
Divine Retribution Guild Charter
Raid Leader: Cyperr
DpS Lead: Vacant
DpS Assistant: Ynori
Heal Leader: Ellz
Tank Leader: Visp
Loot Master: Cyperr
Non Officer Assistants:
Raider of the Month/Master of the Logs: Elly
Statement of Purpose
Our guild exists to create a fun, stress free environment for our members to play online games, specifically World of Warcraft. We look for progression as a Guild as well as individuals and are committed to Mythic end-game raiding. Our aim is to achieve this in a small, close team.
This charter outlines how we run the guild, expectations of members and rules we all agree to abide with. By becoming a member of the guild, you by default agree to abide by all that is written here. Any significant amendments made to this charter are brought to members attention in the forums.
A. Guild Management
The Guildmaster has overall responsibility for the guild. Website or Voice Server issues should be directed to the GM
B. Assistant GMs and Officers
Guild Officers are assigned by the Guildmaster to perform specific duties as defined by the Guildmaster as well as assisting with general Guild Management. We deliberately have a small number of Officers each with a dedicated role to play in the Guild. We do not promote to Officer as a way of simply rewarding activity, or based on who our rl or best in-game friends are. We also welcome other members who want to organise events or take responsibilities without Officer status.
A. Guild Server and Faction
Divine Retribution is an Alliance faction guild, and all members are required to maintain their primary Alliance characters on the Arathor/Hellfire server. Membership or raiding in other guilds by alternate characters is not permitted without specific permission from the Guildmaster. Pugging content ahead of Guild progress is not permitted.
B. Code of Conduct
All members must be kind, courteous. Please be aware that we have members of all ages and backgrounds in our guild, so be sensitive and appropriate on the site or in the Guild chat. Excessive profanity is not acceptable nor is rude, insulting or offensive behaviour. This applies to your behaviour towards non-members in game as well. We want to develop a good reputation and while wearing the Divine Retribution tag, you are ambassadors. Failure to comply with this may result in termination of guild membership. Racist, sexist or homophobic comments will result in immediate dismissal from the Guild.
We are a community. That means that we have a whole range of personalities and variety most definately is the spice of life! You are not going to get on like best buddies with everyone, but here we are tolerant of people's differences and quirks. Wow is a hobby and people should be able to be themselves in their hobby, however if your quirkiness results in others feeling uncomfortable or involves unkind behaviour then you will be asked to kerb this behaviour or leave the Guild.
If a member feels that another member has behaved inappropriately, or has a grievance against another member for some reason, it should be discussed privately and resolved. If a member cannot or will not discuss the matter privately, they can speak with the guildmaster or an officer. Publicly discussing a grievance, whether voice chat, guild chat or otherwise, is not acceptable. Failure to follow the guidelines in this paragraph is grounds for dismissal from the guild.
Please remember we are all here to have fun. This includes officers. Dealing with petty squabbles is enough to drive any of us to the TV instead of the PC, so be adult about this.
C: Chat etiquette
We all like to have a good natter in Guild Chat in-game, however please bear in mind these few simple tips to make sure that your chat is appreciated!
- There is a fabulous invention called the Internet, which, seeing as you are all playing WoW, you should be aware of. This invention also has a marvellous function called 'Google' You might want to try using it every now and then. Having links to the main WoW sites bookmarked in your browser is very useful - so make use of them instead of asking incessent questions.
- Hi and Bye: When you log in, it expected that you say Hi and then Bye when you leave. We introduced a 5 second rule so when you say 'Bye' wait at least 5 secs to let people respond.
- Names: We use Main Char names, not real life names here. There are one or two exceptions to this of people whose chosen character name is unpronounceable! However, in these circumstances the entire Guild uses that name rather than one or two 'priviledged' individuals. This fosters a whole community approach rather than groups of people who have personal access to each other.
Priority must be given to guild members when creating groups, distributing extra items, etc, over non-members. All members are considered equal, regardless of rank or station within the guild. While it is understandable that you would prefer to group with those you know well, actively leaving people out is not acceptable.
We have a Discord channel. All Raiders need to be available on this and have a working Mic.
Discord etiquette is the same as Guild Chat. The channels should be used appropriately and when not in a raid, pvp, instance or quest it is preferable that all members should be in 'Chill Out' to help foster our community spirit.
- Chill Out: This is where you should hang out and chat. If you are doing an activity and do not mind being disturbed and can have chat going on that is not related to what you are specifically doing, this is where you should be.. its the default channel.
- Dung 1 and 2: If you are running an activity hop in here. Anyone can join, but should be respectful to whatever is going on in the channel and keep the chat and disruption to a minimum. Chat in this channel will be about the activity going on and take priority over anything else.
- Dung 3 and 4: These are now set to 5 players. If you are pushing a key and do not want to be disturbed, jump in here. Please do check Chill Out when you are finished and look to move back, but we accept that also you may want to remain in that channel to discuss how your M+ went, to team build or plan ahead.
- PvP: Do not join this channel without asking.
- Mumble Channel: This is for meetings between Officers and Members, Please do not join this channel unless invited.
During Raids you are expected to be on discord with a working headset. You should not be on other voice channels in private groups while you are raiding.
Aside from actually playing the game, which is the whole purpose of being here, all members should visit the website on a Wednesday to view the Weekly News. This is an important communication device and will inform you of all the plans for the week.
B. Guild Treasury/Funding
Divine Retribution maintains a guild bank for the purpose of funding our crafters, achievement hunters and raiders. The items in the bank - apart from the last 3 tabs are for free use by members.
The last tabs contains current mats for our raids and you need an officers permission for taking those. They are not for Officer use only - but if they are epic gear items, then 2 officers must agree that you can have them. They should be used to help gear Raiders, be that providing mats for enchants, or epic items that have dropped in raids. Gems and enchants are available to any raider, just ask an Officer to get them for you.
C. Application for Membership
All applicants must read, understand, and agree to follow all guidelines expressed in this document. You can apply for membership on our Recruitment Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/8x3Nd8T
Initiates: join the guild for a two to four week trial. In order to become a member they must:
1. Register on the website
2. Have their main in the Guild (you may bring one Alt as an initiate only)
3. Go through a 2-4 week trial period at the end of which the Officers (and Mentors where appropriate) approve promotion to Member. This will be based upon how you fit socially into the Guild as well as performance. Please note, your 2 week trial begins when you POST YOUR INTRO!
If you are joining with no previous Mythic raiding experience you may be assigned a Mentor.
Member: Added perks for being a Member:
1. Access to Guild bank - able to apply for use of mats from last bank tabs
2. Able to bring unlimited Alts to the Guild
3. Able to apply to Raid Team on a permanent basis.
Raider: These will be members who have regularly attended raids, helped out in general and proven themselves in raid. Role Leaders will put forward potential candidates and the Officer Team as a whole will agree on any promotions. We generally consider promotions to this rank after a member has completed a whole tier with us.
Officer: Member with particular responsibility within the Guild. Officers are appointed by the GM, not elected
A full explanation of our approach to loot can be found HERE.
F. Raider responsibilities
Members will be promoted to raiders based on their reliability: signing regularly for raids, turning up on time and also for performance. We welcome new max level players to start raiding with us, but a DR Raider is one who can perform in raids , follow tactics, remain alive (!) and play their character well. We would not refuse to allow you to raid because you are still learning, we are all still learning, but the rank of Raider is also in recognition of performance.
Expectations of Raiders can be found here.
If you want to raid with Divine Retribution then pugging current content that we have not cleared as a Guild is not permitted. If you are too impatient to wait for the Guild to progress together, then perhaps this isn't the right Guild for you. We aim to foster a Guild identity and team atmosphere. That means we learn and progress together. That means we get achievements and celebrate together. Having numerous raiders having already killed bosses also leads to disatisfaction or impatience if the Guild takes longer to kill them. If personal progress is your main goal ahead of Guild progress, then DR is probably not the right place.
G. Abiding by Blizzards Code of Conduct.
Divine Retribution takes a strict attitude to abiding by Blizz ToS and will not tolerate cheating in the game under any circumstances. If you get banned by Blizz, you get kicked by us. End of story. If Blizz determines that your ban is of a specified duration, then you are permitted to reapply to the Guild once your ban is over. You will have to redo your Introduction and start as an Initiate and work your way up again. It is up to you to regain trust from the Guild. Our view is that if Blizz feel you commited the crime, but did the time.. so should we. People make mistakes. However, this is a one-time only offer. If you get banned for a second instance, then no matter how long Blizz bans you for this second time - you are kicked from DR and will not have an opportunity to reapply in the future.
H. Leaving the Guild and Availability
We have an availability forum in which you should notify the Guild if you are taking a long absence, going on holiday, have PC problems or anything that means you would not be online for a period of time. You must make a post in the forum to count as notification.
Above all, we ask you to be honest , up-front and show some respect for the GM, Officers and Guild as a whole. If you are thinking of leaving, then having a chat with an Officer or the GM before posting in the availability forum is considered polite and will result in a amicable exit from the Guild with an open possibility of return.
If you stop playing without notification or are absent for an extended period of time you will be removed from the Guild.
The Guildmaster of Divine Retribution reserves the right to modify this charter at any time, and take corrective actions required for the benefit of the guild as a whole that may not be specifically expressed in this document.